Venue / Event Space Rental Agreement for Katherine Grace Manor
Venue / Event Space Rental Agreement for Katherine Grace Manor
Katherine Grace Manor
VENUE / EVENT SPACE RENTAL AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT (“the Agreement”), made as of this _________ day of ____________________, 20___ , by and between Katherine Grace Manor (the “Owner”), whose business address is 1639 Poteet Road, Wirtz, Va 24184 And __________________________________ of __________________________ (the “Renter”) collectively, the “Parties”.
The parties agree as follows:
Owner hereby grants a limited and revocable license (the “License”) to the Renter to use the following space:
(the “Space”) on the Event Date & during the hours specified under this agreement. Attached Event Description Page
The Renter shall hold the following Event: ___________________________________________ (the “Event”) on the _________________ day of __________________________, 20____ (the “Event Date”), between ________________am and ____________________pm. Renter is authorized to use the Space to hold the Event, and for no other purpose.
Renter shall pay to Owner a total fee of $______________________________ (the “ Fee”), for the use of the Space.
Renter shall pay to Owner a security deposit of $____________ (the “Deposit”), upon the execution of this Agreement.
Owner grants to Renter the following amenities at the Space: __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SET UP / CLEAN UP / DECORATIONS
1. Renter, caterers, bands, transportation of rental equipment, and related individuals and activities will not be permitted access to the Facility prior to or after the event time period. Renter shall be responsible for arranging access during the time requested for entry and exit of the Facility.
2. Renter shall not prepare or decorate the Facility prior to the event start time, unless Renter provides rental fees, deposits, and insurance for the time of the preparation and/or decoration.
3. Renter shall not drive or permit to be driven nails, hooks, tacks, screws, poles, stakes or other forms of fasteners into any part of the Facility and shall not make or allow to be made any alterations of any kind therein.
4. Renter shall be responsible for all clean up of the Facility, including adjacent grounds, at the end of the rental. Renter shall pick up, bag, and remove all trash generated by all activity in any way connected with its use of the Facility, leaving the Facility clean and free of all trash and litter. Renter shall also leave all fixtures, if any, in good working condition.
5. Renter shall not store any equipment or materials at the Facility or adjoining property without the prior written approval of Katherine Grace Manor Manager or his/her designee.
6. Renter shall be responsible for any and all damage to the Facility and/or its contents during use. In the event damage occurs or excessive cleaning is necessary, Renter shall be charged for any and all janitorial and/or repair fees incurred by
Katherine Grace Manor as a result.
The Space shall be provided by the Owner as-is and Owner make no warranty regarding
the suitability of the Space for Renter’s intended use.
After the completion of the Event, the Renter shall leave the Space in the same or similar condition as received from the Owner.
Beyond ordinary wear and tear, Renter shall be responsible for any damage caused by Renter’s use of the Space. Renter shall arrange for the repair of any such damage. In the event if Renter does not make any necessary repairs,
Owner shall arrange for the same at Renter’s expense.
1. Katherine Grace Manor at its sole discretion, may require a certain number of security officers for the event. Katherine Grace Manor shall be responsible for procuring and paying for security officers through a private security agency.
2. Renter is solely responsible for supervising all individuals at the Facility and adjoining property during the event. Katherine Grace Manor is not responsible for providing this supervision. However, Katherine Grace Manor may evict individuals from the Facility during the event if their conduct is not in the best interest of the public or is deemed to be detrimental in any way.
Renter will be responsible for clearing all trash generated at the Event and depositing it in the proper waste receptacles on site. All trash shall be placed in garbage bags and left on the back patio atKatherine Grace Manor .
All rooms shall be broom swept. All surfaces will be wiped clean.
Right of Entry
Owner shall have the right to enter the Space at any time for any reasonable purpose, including any emergency that may threaten damage to Owner’ property, or injury to any person in or near the Space.
Renter hereby indemnifies and holds harmless Owner from any damages, actions, suits, claims, or other costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with any damage to any property or any injury caused to any person (including death) caused by Renter’s use of the Space, including any acts or omissions on the part of Renter, its employees, officers, directors, independent contractors, or other agents. Renter shall notify Owner of any damage or injury of which it has knowledge in, to, or near the Space, regardless of the cause of such damage or injury.
INDEMNIFICATION AND INSURANCE
1. Renter shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Katherine Grace Manor its officers, employees, and agents from any and all losses, costs, expenses, claims, liabilities, actions, or damages, including liability for injuries to any person or persons or damage to property arising at any time during and/or arising out of or in any way connected with Renter’s use or occupancy of the Facility and adjoining property, unless solely caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Katherine Grace Manor its officers, employees, or agents.
2. Renter shall procure and maintain general liability insurance against any and all losses, costs, expenses, claims, liabilities, actions, or damages, including liability for injuries to any person or persons or damage to property arising at any time during and/or arising out of or in any way connected with Renter’s use or occupancy of Katherine Grace Manor’s facilities and adjoining property in the amount of $1,000,000 (one million dollars) per occurrence. Such insurance shall name the Katherine Grace Manor its officers, employees, and agents as additional insured’s prior to the rental date of the Facility.
3. Renter shall report any personal injuries or property damage arising at any time during and/or arising out of or in any way connected with Renter’s use or occupancy of Katherine Grace Manor facilities and adjoining property to Katherine Grace Manor or his/her designee, in writing and as soon as practicable.
4. Renter waives any right of recovery against Katherine Grace Manor its officers, employees, and agents for fires, floods, earthquakes, civil disturbances, regulation of any public authority, and other causes beyond their control. Renter shall not charge results of “acts of God” to Katherine Grace Manor its officers, employees, or agents.
5. Renter waives any right of recovery against Katherine Grace Manor its officers, employees, and agents for indemnification, contribution, or declaratory relief arising out of or in any way connected with Renter’s use or occupancy of the Facility and adjoining property, even if Katherine Grace Manor its officers, employees, or agents seek recovery against Renter.
Renter may cancel the Event by notifying Owner by providing notice ninety (90) days or more before the Event Date. In such an event, Owner shall refund to Renter the full amount of the Rental Fee. In the event if the Event is cancelled within ninety (90) days of the Event Date, Owner shall have the right to retain the full Deposit.
Neither Party may assign or transfer their respective rights or obligations under this Agreement without prior written consent from the other Party.
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed in all respects by, the laws of the State of Virginia , without regard to conflicts of law principles.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Renter and Owner, and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement. There are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
IN WITNESS THEREOF, the Parties have caused this Agreement to be executed the day and year first above written.
The person signing this agreement and the organization on whose behalf the Facility rental is being made (collectively the “Renter”) are responsible for compliance with this agreement. All Renters are required to read and sign the Facility Use Agreement as part of the rental. Please read carefully, fill out Facility, Renter, and event sections, initial at the bottom of each page, and sign in the signature page at the end of this document.
Description of event _________________________________________________________________________________________________
Date of event _________________________________ Estimated attendance _____________________________
Time event begins (incl. set up) _______________________ Time event ends (incl. clean up) ___________________
Open to the public? Yes No Will minors be present? Yes No
Admission fee charged? Yes No Will there be music? Yes No
Type of music ________________________ DJ / Band Name and ContacInfo____________________________________
Will food be served? Yes No Will food be sold? Yes No
Caterer Name and Contact Info _________________________________________________________________________________________________
Will alcohol be served? Yes No Will alcohol be sold? Yes No ABC License # ____________
EQUIPMENT / ACCESSORIES
1. Renter shall not remove, relocate, or take Katherine Grace Manor property outside of the Facility for any reason without the prior written approval of the Katherine Grace Manor Manager or his/her designee.
2. Renter shall not use Katherine Grace Manor equipment, tools, or furnishings located in or about the Facility without the prior written approval of the Katherine Grace Manor Manager or his/her designee.
3. Renter shall not drive motorized vehicles on field or green space without permission.
WEDDING PACKAGE OPTIONS
______~Exclusive use of the estate from noon Thursday until noon on Sunday
______~The outdoor wedding of your dreams on our Gorgeous Front Lawn
______~ 40 X 80 Tent Rental
______~ Dance Floor
______~ use of 100 chairs and 8 Round Tables (60")
______~Horse and carriage for the ceremony
______~Three nights stay in the Manor’s 4 guestrooms (breakfast each morning)
______~Massages for the bridal party followed by a luncheon (for up to 8) on Friday
______~Rehearsal on Friday evening and use of the patio for dinner or cocktails
______~Wedding ceremony and cocktail reception on our stunning grounds
______~Reception following the ceremony on the patio and adjacent tent location
______~Champagne brunch on Sunday for guest of the Manor
______~ use of DJ guality music "system" for your playlist during the reception (Ipod/Ipad/IPhone/MP3 compatible)
PACKAGE PRICE AS SPECIFIED with OPTIONS CHECKED ABOVE $_________________________
1. Renter shall comply with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations related to the use of the Facility.
2. Renter shall not admit a larger number of individuals than can lawfully, safely, and freely move about the Facility.
3. Gambling of any kind is not permitted at the Facility
4. Smoking is not permitted at the Facility.
5. No animals are permitted at the Facility, with the exception of guide dogs.
6. If Renter violates any part of this agreement or reports false information to Katherine Grace Manor , we may refuse Renter further use of the Facility and Renter shall forfeit a portion of or all of the rental fee and/or the deposit.
7. Katherine Grace Manor may impose additional requirements as deemed necessary to protect the health, safety, and/or welfare of the community.
8. If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
IMPORTANT – READ BEFORE SIGNING
I am an authorized agent of the organization submitting this agreement. The information provided in this agreement is true and correct. I have read and understand this agreement and agree to all of the aforementioned rules, regulations,
and conditions of use.
Signature ________________________________________Print name _______________________________________
Organization _____________________________________Address _________________________________________
Telephone: Home __________________________________ Work________________________________________
Katherine Grace Manor Representative _________________________________________________________________________________________________
Katherine Grace Manor USE ONLY
Rental/Package Fee ______________________Deposit _________________ Total paid ___________________________
Deposit returned _____________________________________________________